We decided to have a BBQ in hyde park, Northbridge but I have nothing at home to bring (the chickens and sausages are all prepared by my lovely juniors). Therefore, I quickly rushed to Mr Google to find brownies or cake recipe that is so easy to be made in less than 2 hours.
And they liked it!
Thanks to Baking Bites again :)
1 cup butter
6 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups oreo-type cookies, coarsely chopped (approx 20-24)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, and grease lightly.
2. In a medium-large saucepan over low heat, melt together butter and chocolate, stirring occasionally. 3. Whisk in sugar, salt and vanilla, then turn off heat. Whisk in eggs one at a time, waiting until each is fully incorporated before adding the next.
4. Stir in flour and cocoa powder until mixture is uniform. Fold in chopped oreo cookies and pour batter into prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Crush 3-4 additional cookies finely and sprinkle on top of batter, if desired.
5. Bake for about 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, but not coated with batter.
6. Cool brownies in pan for about 20 minutes, then carefully lift brownies out of the pan using the aluminum foil as a handle and place on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.