I have always wanted to try making some roti or bun! However, most of the recipes use the bread maker to ease their job when it comes to kneading the dough which I didnt have one (when I made this bun). Good news is I found this one recipe which does not use the big-fat machine and the ingredients are all already there in my kitchen; how convenient is that?!
here is the recipes that I got from http://serojakitchen.blogspot.com/2011/01/roti-naik.html Syukran to the genuine owner who posted the recipe 😀
11 gm yeast
½ cup lukewarm water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp plain flour
Combine all of them and leave for the yeast to rise
2 tbsp melted butter
Mix 1 cup of water with 1/2 cup of hot water to make a sweet syrup. You can add more liquid if it is too thick.
3 cups plain flour + 1 cup plain flour
1. Prepare (C).
2. Add 3 cups of plain flour [from (D)] into a bowl. Make a hole in the centre of the flour then add in (A), (B) and (C). Mix the micture and knead the dough.
3. Add the remaining a cup of plain flour from (D), a small amount at a time when kneading the dough. Continue until the dough does not stick onto your hand. Remember not to add to much flour as the bun may end up stiff! (oopss)
4. Leave the dough to rise (may takes few minutes)
5. Then, shape the dough into small round loaf.
6. Arrange them in a baking pan leaving enough space around each of the bun as they need to be leaved to rise again (will take about 30-40 minutes)
7. Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until the colour of the bun has turned brown.
8. Spread some margarine onto the top of the buns and sprinkle some sugars.
well, selamat mencuba!